Thursday, July 21, 2005

And Now an Announcement from Our Sponsor

I wanna tell you why my life is golden, really I do, but before I get back to the previous mental travelogue I've gotta make a pitstop, which may, without my telling you so, be confused with the previous steam of consciousness. Whichever way you decide to call it, here's the deal: tonight is not only a full moon, but it's the most powerful full moon of the year. In Hindu, it's called Guru Purnima, guru meaning "one who dispels the darkness of ignorance"and purnima meaning "full moon." This is the full moon for thanking one's teachers whether affectionate and loving or dispensers of harsh learnings. Having experienced the benefits of ritual firsthand, I am eager to partake. I was going to cut my hair [see previous posts], but I've decided to postpone. It's enough, for now, to very publically, and I hope graciously acknowledge some of my teachers. To each and every one of you, I owe much of who I am.

There are people I like, many people I love, and a few I hope to never have to cross paths with again. But they've all taught me things about myself and about the world at large. Even this process of identifying my teachers has taught me something: of all the people I've known, only a handful of you on this list are truly assholes. Cynical me, I thought there were more than a few. Glad to be wrong ... for once. Ha!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zenslinger said...

Nice thoughts, nice list. I am humbled to be on it.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home